Motherhood is a tough journey, and it takes so much courage to face the fears that day-to-day life will always bring. With thoughts like, “What if I’m not a good enough mom?” and, “Do I even have what it takes?” constantly plaguing us, we sometimes need to take a step back and remind ourselves that we have the power to be courageous, in spite of fear. Today, I am sitting down with Kate Swoboda, a speaker, trainer, and author. Kate has found a method to help all of us have courage as a daily habit. In her new book, The Courage Habit, Kate dives deep into what causes us to behave out of fear, and what we can do to change those behaviors.
Kate’s book uses her own struggles with fear as a jumping off point, but what is so fascinating about it is that she really dives into the research behind fear and courage in order to give us a system to defeat it. I know you are going to want to know the 4 Steps it takes to cultivate courage and step away from fear! That’s not all Kate shares on this episode. She also shares about her own struggle with infertility and grieving something that she never even had. Now, she wants to teach courage to her children and shows us how we can model that behavior when fear starts to creep in. We have so much to learn today, so let’s get started!
- Kate tells us the research behind fear and courage.
- How to cultivate courageous habits.
- We often get stuck in self doubt, and Kate wants to help us through it.
- Recognize your fear routines.
- Kate opens up about infertility and how exhausting it can be.
- What happens when we reach the point where having children might be impossible.
- How you can show courageous living.
- Don’t get caught in the self-help hamster wheel.
- Discover Kate’s 4 Steps to Courageous Behavior.
- How to teach our kids these skills about being present with fear.
- Words of wisdom for moms struggling with infertility.
- Painting reproductions of Henri Matisse's Femme au chapeau
- Ted Radio Hour podcast
- Pema Chodron
- Carl Rogers
- Goodess Guidance Oracle Cards
- The Minimalist Baker
Kate's Recommended Resources:
Connect with Kate:
- Pre-Order Kate's new book The Courage Habit: How to Accept Your Fears, Release the Past, and Live Your Courageous Life
- Kate's Book Website - Courage Habit
- Kate's Business - Your Courageous Life
- Kate's Life Coaching Business - Courageous Life Coaching Certification
- Kate's Facebook Group - Courage Habit Community
More about Kate:
Kate Swoboda is Director of the Courageous Living Coach Certification at TribeCLCC.com and creator of YourCourageousLife.com, where she teaches people how to change old patterns of self-doubt and create courageous habits (and courageous lives) using the neuropsychology of habit-formation. Kate was deemed one of the top 50 bloggers in health, fitness and happiness by Greatist. She has contributed to Entrepreneur, USA Today, Forbes, Lifetime Moms, The Intelligent Optimist, MindBodyGreen, Business Insider, and more. She has been a consultant for teams within businesses, and she’s spoken at conferences and seminars on the topic of courage as it relates to personal development, releasing overwhelm, business and marketing, money mindset, wellness, increasing emotional resilience, and healthy goal-setting using habit-formation techniques. Her first book, The Courage Habit: How to Accept Your Fears, Release the Past, and Live Your Courageous Life (New Harbinger Publications) will be on shelves May 1, 2018.
If you are interested in sharing your story, hop over to messyroads.com/beaguest.
Just so you know: Any/all of the links on this website are affiliate links of which Messy Roads receives a small commission from sales of certain items, but the price is the same for you.