Welcome back to the newest season of the podcast! You might have noticed that I made a small change to our name—Messy Roads Of Motherhood. As I talked to so many incredible women over the last season, I realized that there were so many more incredible stories to share. There are stories of challenge, transformation, and triumph along every step of the way, and I want to bring you those stories as encouragement and inspiration, regardless of what season you are in.
Today, my guest is Jenn Taylor. She is an incredible mama of 18 beautiful children! No, that is not a typo. Jenn has claimed 18 beautiful lives under her care as a biological mom, a foster mom, an adoptive mom, and a step-mom. I am very excited for you to hear how Jenn has managed it all. She will be the first to tell you that, while her family is unconventional, it is filled with as much love, hardship, sacrifice, and laughter as any family. It is clear when you sit down with Jenn that her heart is overflowing with love for the people who need it the most.
Jenn’s plate is full, but that is exactly what she wants it to be! She’s an author, a podcaster, and a sharer of life stories. Her kids’ ages range from 8-29, so she has a bit of wisdom and inspiration for moms at just about any phase! From Jenn’s miraculous pregnancy to her compassion for children in the foster system, there is a little something in her story for everyone. Listen this week as Jenn candidly shares stories of her brood with humor and a good dose of reality. Jenn is all about embracing your brand of mess, and she will not shy away from sharing a bit of her own. Today, we invite you to be curious, be kind, and be compassionate to all the moms out there. We are all walking on this messy road together, after all!
- Jenn shares how most people wonder in disbelief when she shares how many kids she has!
- Jenn never allows anyone to walk all over her in front of her children.
- When kids become adults, the role of parents shifts.
- Hear how Jenn’s family manages all of those birthdays!
- Jenn wanted to make a difference to someone else, and that is why she changed the lives of so many children.
- Jenn experienced the Messy Roads of infertility and loss
- Jenn did foster care for 12 years and was always advocating on behalf of children.
- Jenn has 13 “permanent residents”
- Learn the most hated question that Jenn gets asked.
- What Jenn does to ensure connection with her kids.
- How Jenn’s family has balanced the needs of all of her children, especially since some of them had past trauma.
- The memories Jenn’s family cherishes the most are the times where they engage together.
- Being outside
- Kindle Fire
- Family Vacation
Jenn’s Recommended Resources:
Connect with Jenn:
More about Jenn:
Jenn is the mom to 18 children while being a writer, public speaker, blogger, podcaster and an online coach for future authors. She loves wearing all the hats, and while it is difficult at times, she truly loves every moment of it. She also loves running and living a minimalist lifestyle while instilling the value of staying healthy and active into her kids' lives.
If you are interested in sharing your story, hop over to messyroads.com/beaguest.
Just so you know: Any/all of the links on this website are affiliate links of which Messy Roads receives a small commission from sales of certain items, but the price is the same for you.